Planning, Restoration and Reappraisal of Factory History
When converting industrial sites, ARIAS can fall back upon many years of experience.
Our efforts have resulted in more than 100 million Euro of investments in conversions for the Industrial Culture Trail Zurich Oberland. We worked for many authorities and advising commissions for urban development. We planned and organised the preservation of several dozen factories, workers’ estates, hydraulic engineering and machines.
Our references include urban development, concepts for landscapes of several municipalities and restorations of machines. In cooperation with the office for architecture, Brandenberger&Müller, Zug, we dispose of extensive experience with CAD and data processing systems that are tailor-made for planning.
Selected restorations of machines and constructions:
- vertical nail machines 1895, restoration of production facilities Winterthur
- steam engine brewery 1895, restoration of production facilities Uster
- rope transmission Neuthal 1879, refurnishing of shaft/chain Bäretswil
- turbine rotor 1889, conservation for the Escher Wyss square Zurich
- machine power station 1909, conservation, Schönenberg TG
- Francis turbines Turicum 1926, renovation for cultural monument Uster
- locomotive RhB Ge 2/4 1913, restoration of production facilities Winterthur
- locomotive SIG Ee 2/2 1919, restoration of crate engine shed Winterthur
- locomotive BLS Ce 4/4 1924, restoration of crate engine shed Winterthur
- mill Kempten 1807, wheel house/restoration of turbine basement Wetzikon
- covered wooden bridge 1826, restoration of half-timbered building city park Uster
- construction of bridge tube viaduct 1872/2000, project St. Ursanne JU – water power stations Black House around 1790, restoration Herisau
- bell tower Zellweger AG 1859, restoration Uster
- engine driver house 1895, structural restoration Winterthur
- engine shed Ida and workers’ estate 1947, structural restoration Winterthur
- workers’ estates Winzer-/Buchacker Street 1947, rebuilding of the public baths Winterthur
Further information and references: Industriekultur Schweiz - Europa – Global (German)